Our Premier Commercial Cleanings
Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we know how important it is to have a pristine commercial area. WE should be your first choice for your commercial property because of our extensive knowledge assessing, cleaning, and restoring damages.
Our team consists of qualified professionals who can quickly and efficiently clean and minimize the damage of your property regardless of size.
We use the best technology and the innovative ways of SERVPRO to make the best solution for your issue. We are proud to wear the SERVPRO brand because of their excellence and quality insurance that we uphold.
we have cleaned before:
- large offices
- high rise office buildings
- retail stores
- apartment buildings
and so much more
Not only are we more than qualified for any mess in your business; we are available to you 24/7. We clean anytime and anywhere for your convenience and to lessen the damage. Here, at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we ensure that your place looks like a mess; never even happened.
The Three Types of Water Damage
There are three types of water damage that we assess certain damages as. To make sure that we get the best profile for your damage, and clean up we categorize where the water is from. This gives us a good idea of how it will affect your walls, floors, or ceiling; this also tells us if there is extra disinfecting needed. Our experts can tell if there is more beneath your damage and if there is an underlying cause before anyone else!
SERVPRO of East Honolulu can guarantee a procedural, and professional process for you. Here are the categories:
1. Category 1, water that does not seem to threaten life such as humans or pets is deemed a category 1 or, "clean water". This can be something like an overflow of a sink or tub, or a faucet failure.
Our experts can clean swiftly and effortlessly. This type of water needs a good drying with our fans and de-humidifier and a sanitize. This type of water is the most simple water because there are not contaminates in it. These type of jobs can take 1-10 days.
2. Category 2, has some type of containment to it, like an in between of category 1 and 3. This is at the experts digression, of a significant degree of containment. This could be physical, biological or chemical of origin that can cause sickness or discomfort if consumed by a life source. This could be from a toilet, or water from a washing machine/ dishwasher.
This type of category takes a little bit longer to clean as there is more of a sanitizing and disinfecting that needs to be done. There also needs to be a demolition if there are surfaces that are damaged and can not be washed or cleaned effectively. Soft goods can be washed or discarded.
3. Category 3 means that the water is grossly contaminated and is extremely unsanitary. This can be sea water, sewage water, a toilet trap, even category 2 still-water can turn into category 3 water. This can also be considered "black water."
Our experts know of the dangers of "cat 3" and need to "demo" as soon as possible. This type of water has extreme after effects and needs to be cleaned to lessen the damage. Affected dry wall, carpeting, flooring besides concrete and heavy wood need to be removed. Dry wall is not privy to cleaning and most porous substances need to be removed, to the exception of heavy duty wood which can withstand the cleaning needed for cat 3 messes. Our team also needs to heavily clean the areas before an owner or insurance can place in new flooring or dry wall. If there are soft substances they can be cleaned in our industrial cleaner or replaced.
When we do an assessment of your damage it is imperative to know what type of category your water is in, to make the job that much easier and for your safety. Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu your ease is important but even more so if your health and safety. We do our jobs to completion with your health in mind so you can rest easy!
Living with Water Damage and Repairs
Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we know how stressful water damage can be. It seems like it is an additional load after everything else going on in our customer's lives.
It can even throw you off if you come home to a big water breakage or mess, but here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we are here to help. We have innovative tools and a qualified team to quickly clean it up.
But, while they are doing their job it can be hard living with the machines and the repairs.
For us, it is our goal to make sure that it looks "Like it never even happened." A SERVPRO promise and a strive for excellency. While we are cleaning we know that it can be a stressor. And we try to accommodate as much as possible. Like cleaning quadrants or making various containments to only interrupt segments of your life.
We also only do demolitions if it is absolutely necessary, we try to do our job to maintain the integrity of the original house for less hassle and money. And when we do a demolition the process is generally very quick and efficient so an a contractor can do their job as quickly as possible.
Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we also strive to keep our servicing well within a week, so you can keep your life running smoothly and we can continue our quick and efficient track record.
We try as hard as we can to make sure that we do our job smoothly so you can go on:
"Like it never even happened."
Precautions for Owners of Older Property
Older properties have a few advantages such as charm and location, but they can be difficult to maintain, especially for landlords. Plumbing issues can haunt landlords and operators of apartment complexes. Many of the systems are outdated. Obsolete pipes made of polybutylene not only frequently crack and break but they also affect the quality of the drinking water. If the goal is to avoid constant repairs and frequent complaints from tenants.
A landlord should try these solutions.
- Regular Inspections:Regular plumbing inspections can catch small problems before they get big and expensive. They can also prevent expensive problems with water damage that destroys flooring and creates other issues such as mold growth. Plus, an expense that is planned for is often easier to manage than a surprise bill. So you don't have to call us anytime soon :)
- Replacing Antiquated Piping Systems: This product was popular in the 1970s and the 1980s because it was inexpensive and easy to install. Unfortunately, it doesn't belong in a rental unit plumbing system, or anywhere else for that matter, for a number of reasons. Repeated repairs will just result in more repairs. The solution is to replace the pipes with CPVC, copper, or some other suitable material. We recommend copper or plastic pipes because of its durability and inexpensiveness.
- Partnering with a Trusted Mitigation Company: The services of a professional water remediation franchise can come in handy for a number of circumstances. Water restoration experts arrive quickly on the scene and take care of a water problem 24/7 and 365 days a year. SERVPRO of East Honolulu, is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Certified technicians have the training and equipment to handle water leaks, toilet overflows, and broken pipes mitigation services.
- Monitor Sewer Lines: Tree roots and other obstructions can cause sewage overflows and backups. Regular maintenance can clear away dangers to sewer pipes.
Making the Best Musubi!
Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we are always on the go. Most of our workers stop by the nearest gas station, grab a quick bite whether that is an egg roll, musubi, or sandwich and head right back out to the field. We are constantly starting and finishing jobs and because of that we know what a good musubi tastes like!
We love all kinds of musubis too, there is nothing more satisfying than a katsu chicken musubi or a refreshing fried fish musubi!
For anyone wondering, a musubi is a Japanese food that here in Hawai'i has been incorporated into our culture. It is simply a type of meat on top of a slab of rice and carefully wrapped by nori or seaweed. This can come in all different types of nori and meats, but the classic musubi is a thin slice of seaweed and spam.
Spam is a cult classic in the Hawaiian isle, and it is absolutely delicious!
So here are some ingredients needed for the office favorite: teriyaki spam musubi,
- 1 can of Spam (keep the can, you'll need it for later!)
- 1 square sheet of nori, cut into 2 inch strips (this is for the individual musubi)
- saran wrap ( to wrap the musubi)
- Japanese medium grain sticky rice (this is important because this is the best and ultimate rice to make with musubis as it sticks well)
here are the ingredients for teriyaki sauce:
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 4 tbsp of soysauce
The steps for the teriyaki sauce,
1. mix all the ingredients together in a sauce pan on low heat until all the sugar is dissolved
2. set aside (this is what we will marinate the spam inside)
To make the SPAM:
1. cut the box of spam into about 1/4 inch slices, which is considered the perfect amount of meat. This will make about 5-6 slices per box
there is where you can deviate:
if you're making the musubis for the next day, in a baking pan place the slices of musubi into said pan and pour the teriyaki inside. Place into the refrigerator and place it over night.
1. the next morning, place the teriyaki SPAM slices into a pan with 2 tbsp of oil and cook until brown
2. make sure that your rice is super fresh, so you'll have to make the rice that morning or use a timer to cook the rice accordingly
If it's for today let's continue!
1. so get your cut spam and cook it in 2 tbsp of oil until it is a light brown and crispy, afterwards place the teriyaki sauce on top of the spam and let it simmer until it bubbles and tops the spam
next, put some cling wrap inside your spam container, coating the inside and enough to have remaining saran wrap to pull it out of the tin
1. place some freshly cooked rice inside the container that is coated with saran wrap and this will be about 4-5 tbsp of rice.
2. then place the spam, and firmly press the rice and meat together
3. once firmly set together gather the cling wrap and pull out the rice and meat
4. from there the rice and meat should be firmly together enough that when you remove the wrap it will stay, take on of your seaweed slices and places it on top of the meat and rice in a way that will help the musubi maintain its integrity. When you firmly wrap the seaweed around the rice and meat block place a little bit of water on both ends of the seaweed strip to lock the seaweed into place.
5. repeat this step until there are no more musubis, if there is extra teriyaki sauce you can use it to eat with the excess rice :)
And that's how you make a musubi! Enjoy it with aloha, and make sure you tag us on instagram to share your own rendition of this island favorite!
Our instagram handle is @ SERVPRO_east_honolulu
Saving Money by Being Cautious
Most people don't mind a leaky faucet or pipe, as long as it is only a few drops there is nothing to worry about... right?
Actually, a leaky faucet can cause up to 7 gallons of water lost in one day.
Not only this, if there is a significant flow of water there can be at least 30 gallons of lost water. There also many programs that actually calculate how much water could be lost based on your estimations!
The problem with leaky/ faulty water pipes and faucets mean that there are long term problems with your materials!
Once a leak starts, the longer that the problem is not fixed the more the pipe endures water damage, and also your house.
-15,140 drips of water makes one gallon
- 4,000 drips make a whole liter
That is a whole gallon or liter wasted because of a dripping faucet.
It is about $20-60 to fix a leaky pipe or faucet if you call a professional, which seems like a lot money. But, in comparison a leaky pipe or faucet can cost anywhere from $100-$600 a month!
Make sure if you have a leaky pipe, or faucet or anything that is using unnecessary amounts of water you fix it immediately. Not only will this save money, but it will also conserve necessary water for your ohana or business.
But, wait there is more...
Running toilets can also be a huge money sucker! A running toilet on average wastes about 200 gallons in a eight hour time window. This means that a running toilet can cost about:
$75-$150 a month
And if your problems go unchecked, this can cause long term damage...
That's when you'll have to call us
We have seen faulty pipes break because of a simple issue, and from that extensive water damage to your business or home.
This can come in all shapes in sizes like damage to your dry wall, odor because of a water clean up, or even erosion if the problem has been occurring for a long and continuous time.
Not only this, but when you think about it...
Where does this water go? It isn't being consumer by you, or your constitutes.
----------> well it is going to your local water company, the only issue is that if there are enough leakages in the neighborhood, or community; that is a significant amount of water. Being additionally treated that has not been used, this may increase the general price of water. Many water treatment companies have also stated that leakages are one of the main reasons why water is being inflated.
So check on your pipes, take care of your running toilet, and leaky faucets/pipes. At the end of the day it will be easier for you, and you won't have to call us :)
What is Considered Biohazard?
Biohazard means that there is an exposure of biological and chemical containment. This can be: sewage backups, blood borne pathogens, illegal substances or illegal substance factories.
Essentially anything that has infectious materials potentially infectious substances. There needs to be even greater caution when there are bio hazardous materials that can inflict pain or puncture the skin. This is extremely dangerous as they can carriers of blood borne pathogens or other harms to the body or any organism.
The most common types of bio hazard that we deal with is as follows: animal waste, human bodily fluids (blood, sweat..etc), pathological waste (such as that of sewer water).
Even when dried biohazardous materials does pose a potential threat, it is a common misconception that they do not. Although it is less likely to effect an organism there is still potential for it to infect and should be avoided and to allow the professionals to handle it.
SERVPRO of East Honolulu knows how to handle biohazard and is well-trained in it. We also frequently test our employees for blood borne pathogens and other harm to make sure that our employees are safe. We take care of you, and make sure that even any biohazard mess looks "Like it never even happened."
August: Sporicidin Fresh
For the month of August we want to highlight this awesome cleaner that isn't from us: Sporicidin Fresh! This is a biocide, defined in the European legislation as a chemical substance or microorganism intended to destroy, deter, render harmless, or exert a controlling effect on any harmful organisms. Biocides are often used as cleaners and disinfectants to clean bacteria or other harmful microorganisms for humans.
Sporicidin Fresh is intended to be used in water damages that have the possibility of biological material existing within the water. This can kill the biological material and any of the harmful diseases or infections it may have.
This is an EPA disinfectant, meaning that it has been approved by the United State's Environmental Protective Agency, and it ok to use for mold as well. And because of OSHA which is Occupational Safety and Health Act. This means that Sporicidin Fresh can also be used for bloode-borne pathogens.
Looking for the Right Things From a Storm Restoration Company | SERVPRO® of East Honolulu
When you have damage from a storm to your home or commercial building, you can always depend on us to handle it. Call us today 808-395-9545
Experiencing a severe weather event is never an enjoyable thing, especially if your property is damaged in the process. Storm damage is becoming more common and more severe as time progresses, so we always advocate for people to think through what they will do before they find themselves needing restoration right away.
One of the most important aspects of the entire process is choosing the right company to handle your storm damage restoration. You will have many options after there is a major storm in the area, but picking correctly can significantly reduce your stress throughout the entire process and ensure your damage is properly handled.What Should I Look for in a Storm Restoration Company?
What is their local and national reputation? When a storm moves through the area, so do many unscrupulous companies looking to take advantage of those affected. Scams after storms are extremely common, so it is best to make sure you are choosing a well-reputed company to handle your work. Checking that your company is both well-renowned in Honolulu and on a national level is advised.
How do they handle a surge in demand? When a major weather event strikes, the requests for restoration can easily overwhelm companies that are not built to handle the sudden influx of business. With us, however, you can be certain you will receive the same quick service regardless of the size of the disaster. Our national SERVPRO® partners can always provide more equipment and technicians when needed, so we will do a superb job after storms of any size.
When can I call them to report my damage? There is no schedule that severe weather abides by, so picking a company that adheres to strict office hours may not provide you with the best possible service. Thanks to our 24⁄7 emergency line, you can call us any time you experience damage so you can be certain we are working on it no matter what time of day a storm rolls through.
When you have damage from a storm to your home or commercial building, you can always depend on us to handle it. Contact us at any hour to see our exceptional service in action.
Are You Sure You Need a Drain Cleaner ?
No one likes a clogged drain or plumbing problems, these can be ranging from horrendous to doable.
Some problems require professionals before it is too late and others need a simple fix or an at home DIY (do it yourself). There are many ways to get a drain working again, some better than others. Though reaching right away for a drain cleaner seems like a good idea, a closer look suggests pouring chemicals into your pipes should be approached with caution. These reasons clarify the dangers of resorting to chemicals.
- The chemicals in a drain cleaner can be toxic
Drain cleaners are toxic to humans and to pets. Merely breathing in the chemicals can cause stinging in the eyes and discomfort in the mouth. The chemicals can also burn exposed skin. Putting them into your plumbing system may not be the safest.
- Hazardous for the Environment
Chemicals that go down the drain in your home or business in East Honolulu wind up in streams, groundwater, and the beach. These chemicals are toxic enough to kill fish, marine life, mammals and insects. There are less harmful ways to clear a clogged drain, including mechanical and biological options.
- Erosion on pipes
Chemical drain cleaners work by creating enough heat to burn through substances causing the blockage. Whether the source of the heat is lye, bleach, acid, or some other substance, the chemicals can harm older, weaker pipes and plastic pipes. These chemicals weaken pipes and will lead to more issues in the future.
- There is no 100% guarantee
In situations where the drain is completely blocked, chemicals often just sit in the pipes creating heat and not clearing the drain. Oil and grease buildup in the drain is another occasion not conducive to being cleaned with chemicals.
What are some alternatives to store bought cleaners?
- Vinegar and Baking Soda - The vinegar is an acidic chemical, and baking soda is a natural cleansing product. Mix these two ingredients over the clogged drain. The mixture will fizz. Let the mixture sit overnight. In the morning, flush the drain with hot water.
- Hot Water and Dish Soap - Boil some hot water and mix in a few tablespoons of dish soap. Then slowly pour the mixture down the drain. The hot water will help to liquefy the clog, and the soap will help it to slide down the drain.
Whether your home or business has a clogged drain or a major sewage problem and happened to cause water damage, SERVPRO professionals are Faster to Any Size Disaster and are trained to remediate water damage. They are experienced in sewage cleaning methods that restore a building to excellent condition again. The franchise has been helping people recover from fires, floods, and other disasters for over 50 years.
Do Not Hesitate to Call Us at