Water Damage: the Timeline // SERVPRO of East Honolulu
We understand water like the back of our hand! SERVPRO of East Honolulu is proud to host technicians who have the experience and the qualifications to correctly do their job. Which we boast about and helps you in the long run.
We aim to categorize your damage accurately, and with precise measurements, controlling the whole process. As if we were to take your home in our arms artfully replacing damaged goods- in the tangible. Because of this we know the water damage timeline, and learned how to generally gage this on the field.
Here is how it goes, as explained through the time since the water damage occurred and the original source is stopped.
- Water is absorbed through housing materials, completely saturating all sponge materials.
- This affects anything from floors, walls, upholstery, and house-hold belongings. Vinyl tends to get extremely damaged, as does wood finishing and drywall alike.
- Paper goods are starting to warp, swell, bleed, or blend; this completely damages books, documents, and photographs.
- Carpets, curtains, or furniture will also start to bleed, these pigments will stain
THE FIRST DAY
- Drywall starts to bulge
- Finishing on metal will fade
- The dyes and inks of household matters/items will continually spread
- Malodorous scents start to appear
THE FIRST WEEK
- There will be physical manifestations of both mold and mildew
- Warping will start to happen in doors, windows, and openings and furnishes alike.
- Furniture or finishing with water damage will start to show mold and mildew
- Completely deteriorated metal finishing, will start to corrode or rust
- Paint jobs will start to discolor, falter, peel
- Flooring also warped
- The presence of bacteria accrues enough to be deemed a biohazard
AFTER AND BEYOND
- Damage is getting more costly by the day, replacing the contaminated materials would be the top priority. Secondary damage is already happening.
Issues stated above become dramatically worse.
SERVPRO of East Honolulu is here to help with any and all water damage, and our scope goes beyond that. Call us with any comments, questions or concerns at (808)396-9545