What Is Black Mold?
Many people in Hawaii have issues with mold because of the humid climate we live in, black mold is the most toxic species of mold one can have. We take care of black mold issues with great care because we know of the detrimental damages if not handled with extreme care. Mold is extremely hard to clean, and bleach is barely effective. It is almost impossible to get rid of mold spores, so the extreme toxicity of black mold makes this even worse. Please take caution when dealing with them, especially because Hawaii's humidity usually surpasses 60% humidity which is the ideal humidity to withstand mold spores.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of East Honolulu immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (808) 395-9545
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Honolulu is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of East Honolulu proudly serves Honolulu, Waikiki, and surrounding areas.