Do You Have Signs of Mold in Your Honolulu Home?
If you're a homeowner in the East Honolulu area, there are a few warning signs of mold/mold spores growing. It is essential that you know how to keep you and your ohana family especially if there is a mold infestation. Here are some indicators that you may have a mold problem:
-One of the first things that indicate that there is a presence of mold in your house is the smell. This presents itself as a musty smell. Do not avoid this smell, make sure you can find the source of the odor.
If one is incapable of finding the source that is OK! Here at SERVPRO of East Honolulu we can find that source for you, but call us as soon as you smell a possible mold smell.
- Often if there is visible mold growth in a home one can mistake it for soot or dirt. Make sure that anything that looks remotely like mold is assessed. Even small patches of mold can grow exponentially and cause an even bigger problem.
When you do find VISIBLE mold that means that the spores can know germinate. This germinating process can cause health effects for your ohana as the spores of mold are airborne and can interrupt healthy organisms such as you or your pets of any kind.
- Taking care of moisture in the home, here in Hawai'i we know how humid it can get. Make sure that you try to do your best in taking care of moisture in the house.
The best way to avoid mold spores or growth in your house is to ensure there is no place it could grow. There aren't any areas with concentrated moisture or show any signs of becoming a mold nursery. For more information on controlling humidity or preventing mold growth refer to our previous blogs on mold growth.
As always SERVPRO of East Honolulu is here for you whenever needed and our experts in cleaning and curing your hale of mold and remediating.